GET YOUR TAN ON!
Having THAT bronzed beach glow is the ideal fashion statement to let your tribe know you mean serious business this summer. In many places around the world having skin that glistens rays of gold is celebrated and a mark of beauty. Luckily, our bodies are designed to naturally need a dose of Vitamin D, which the sun offers us freely (winning)!
1. Choose a tanning spot that is going to be in direct sunlight. This can be in your backyard, by a pool or at the beach. It doesn't really matter where, as long as your comfortable. If you don't have time to lay in the sun all day, the good news is you only need a few hours here and there to get your desired goddess vibes cranking. BUT, the LS Team have simplified if further for you! Follow this step-by-step process to be on your way to glowing goals.
2. LS doesn't condone laying in the sun unprotected, so for step 2 you will need to pick a lotion or oil that is low in SPF - but make sure there is SPF protection as the sun's rays are harsh and can be damaging to your gorgeous skin! For the most even tan possible we would be applying an oil, as the watery base slides better over the skin. But do you boo! Ideally, this would be an oil/lotion that has an SPF between 4 and 15. However, Make sure to be mindful of your skin type. If you have lighter skin and this is your first tan of summer we recommend picking an SPF 15. Looking like a carrot later tonight is not going to be desirable!
3. Apply your chosen lotion or oil. Make sure you get a nice even layer over your skin as you don't want to look blotchy.
4. Like a chicken in the oven it is time to BAKE girlfriend! Turn over frequently to get an even tan. We recommend 15 minutes each side i.e. stomach, left side, back and right side. You don't want to be under-cooked on one side! It is also important that you move with the sun. You need to stay in direct sunlight, so position your towel accordingly as the sun moves across the sky.
5. The next step is a little controversial, we admit. To get the most out of your tanning session, you MUST tan between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. This is when the sun is at her strongest. We apologise to dermatologist everywhere, but it is true, if you need to get your tan on in a hurry tanning in peak times is a must!
6. REAPPLY, REAPPLY, REAPPLY! You need to make sure you are reapplying your chosen lotion or oil every two hours or after every time you have been in the water. The sun's rays can be extremely harsh, you need to take care of yourself!
7. Stay hydrated! Your skin is your largest organ so you need to make sure you are taking care of it. Drink PLENTY of water while you have been out basking in the sun and when you are finished make sure to apply a hydrating moisturiser. We recommend something that has an Aloe-Vera base, as the Aloe-Vera will help to relieve any burning that may have happened.